Wednesday, July 13, 2011

There are 10 green bottles...

There are 10 green bottles hanging on a fence...

I have so many children's songs stuck in my head after my first day of work. Luckily, I survived. I had a whopping 7 classes today. It was rough but I made it. I went in early today and organized all of my materials and props and lesson plans. I felt much better after that. Out of the 7 classes that I taught, I think I aced 6 of them. The one that I didn't ace was a private lesson with a 4 year old. Man, he was so bad. I knew he was going to be bad but not this bad. He couldn't sit still for one frickin second. He kept rolling around and trying to crawl through my legs while I was teaching him stuff. And then when I raised my voice at him, he would start acting all booty hurt. He also couldn't remember anything that I taught him even though I've taught the same class successfully. Afterwards...I realized that it was just funny and that there was only so much I could've done.

All in all, I feel good after my first day. However, I had help planning these lessons. The real work starts when I have to plan all of my lessons from scratch. Me and Natalie are going to try to split the planning to ease our load. Hopefully it works out. I also hope that the rest of my week, month, and year go as well as today. And if not, well...I'm in freakin Japan!!! So, I'm gonna try to catch some Z's for my second day and try not to keep singing children's songs in my head..

There are 10 green bottles hanging on the fence and if one should accidentally fall...


p.s. I made my lunch and brought it to work today. Rice, Kim chi, chicken, and dried seaweed.I don't think I've ever done that. I feel like a little kid. I'm going to go buy myself a Sesame street lunch box. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment