My first anti-children thread...3 weeks into my job. I'm surprised I lasted this long.
Most have been okay. Some have been excellent. Others have been shit.
Sometimes, It's just a huge power struggle between myself and the aforementioned bad kid. For example, today I had a student that came into the class late. He comes in and won't sit nicely and he keeps talking while I'm talking. He also acts disrespectfully towards me and he was also extremely violent with the tiniest little girl in the class. So then, I lost it. It was Transformers time! Good teacher - Bye! Hello Mean Teacher. I had to raise my voice numerous times and generally give him the evil eye. And giving the evil eye is not something I'm good at. I believe that a small part of my soul dies each time I raise my voice at a student. I hate it.
Just had to vent. It's not much of a story but as a teacher, it's frustrating. I feel bad for the really good kids that try hard but are surrounded by misbehaved students. They end up having to suffer the most. So unfair.
No comments:
Post a Comment