My world has fallen into a routine.
On one hand, it's nice and on the other hand, well...it's routine. I wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, eat lunch, go home, eat dinner and sleep. Not very exciting for a life in Japan now is it? But hey, that's life. I feel good because I work and earn money. So that's life in Japan.
Of course, even everyday life has it's interesting points. I love walking or biking around town and catching a glimpse of a woman or man in a Kimono. I love passing by a beautiful Japanese style house. I love watching Japanese people bow to each other endlessly. For example, today there were two groups of older Japanese people and they were saying goodbye to each other. They kept bowing to each other for minutes on end while I was in the subway. What for? A simple wave and smile would've sufficed where I come from. Of course, things are different in Japan. Or during one of my private lessons, I learned from a Japanese mother that at Japanese weddings, only unmarried women are allowed to wear colorful Kimono's to the ceremony. The rest wear monotone colors. The other day, I answered the phone at my school in Japanese for the first time. Today, one of my students showed me a Japanese magic trick. There are lots of little interesting things on a day to day basis.
So, what am I getting at? I'm not sure. It's the middle of the week. And not much has happened. Thankfully, I have Natalie as well.. She is the best! Hopefully, this week will go faster and I'll be able to write about my next adventure in Japan. And I really have to vent about how bad some Japanese children are, but I'll save that for a later post. I'm in a good mood. Chow.
No comments:
Post a Comment