Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Lesson

A lot to complain about today.

Positives first though. I deposited all of my US money into my bank account (boring huh?). I taught my very first lesson at my school. It went well I think. The girls really liked me and they seemed to enjoy my company. They were also well behaved but man, they were so shy! Also, they are kind of a middle level class but their actual ability is just disastrous! They could hardly say anything and I was trying to teach them pretty hard sentences (from the page they are on in the book). Anyway, that's out of the way.

The negatives: The teacher I'm replacing is really good at teaching and has been really helpful at school. However,  He wings his classes and doesn't do much prep work. Sure, it works for him and he's good at it and I wish I could be able to do that. However, I know that I'll never be able to completely wing my classes. So, how is that bad for me? it's bad in that I feel don't have anything to go by. I don't know how to prepare my lessons nor organize things. Basically, the new teacher to be has no teacher. It's stressing me out. I have to try to plan all of these classes and observe a bajillion classes. Also, my commute sucks. It's an active commute, not a passive one. I leave work at 9:15 pm and don't get home until 10:30 ( i also carry a heavy bike around)

okay, so I'm looking forward to being comfortable at my job. For tonight, I need to rest up and enjoy being with Natalie. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment