Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Random Recent thoughts

+ Today, there was a Typhoon in Okayama. There is a plus and minus to everything in life: the plus being that 3 of my classes today got cancelled, which is nice because I get extra time at home to relax. The minus being that there is an annoying banging sound from the wind coming from outside and it's really loud.

+While walking around Kurashiki, we noticed that the neighborhood that Natalie lives in is very...American. It's like an American suburb, except it's actually pleasant. I really don't like American suburbs. No, I hate American suburbs. The unoriginality of it just irks me.What is it about the neighborhood that makes it American? I can't quite put my finger on it. One of the things that makes it suburban is that it's not in downtown Kurashiki. It doesn't have anything going on in it. There are no attractions or nightlife areas. Just family restaurants and houses. Everything is really neat and convenient. It's very livable. It's also not like an American suburb in that it's not cookie cutter like. There is still a lot of personality and the houses are actually based on aesthetically pleasing architectural styles. It's just a really nice, quiet, and clean neighborhood. I'm diggin' it.

+We ate at a make-your-own-udon soup shop yesterday. And yes, you make it yourself.

+We officially finished planning for our Obon vacation (one of our three long vacations in Japan). We are going to Kyoto!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to visit Japan's ancient capital. It's going to be a blast.

+Yesterday I bought a raincoat for a dollar. Today, it tore.

+We just finished watching all ten episodes of Game of Thrones Season 1. What an amazing show based off probably my favorite book series ever (A song of Ice and Fire)! Even better is that the 5th book (out of 7) in the series came out last week. I'm so excited to read it.

+I still haven't found a Pokemon.

+What else? I'm very tired right now. And that's why this post is so in cohesive. Gonna get some sleep.G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment