Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rained in

It's pouring rain outside! Although this typhoon wasn't as nasty as advertised, it has still brought quite a hefty load of rain. And so, I've got the rainy day blues and I'm stuck inside. What to do? Japan sure is gloomy when the weather sucks, not unlike Korea.

So far, I've been searching through the depths of the internet for new and interesting music. I haven't actually searched for new music in quite awhile, at least since February or so. I'm quite disappointed in myself as I've usually been on top of it the last few years. I guess I've been too busy! There seems to be quite a bit of new music awaiting my pleasure but nothing has really popped out to me. I guess I'm looking for some kind of instant gratification, the kind of song or album that jumps out at you and doesn't let go. I suppose the last time that happened to me was with last year's Kanye West album. I really enjoyed that one, what a great album. It seems like a lot of the new music seems to have a retro inspired sound. Synth-pop and disco seem to be especially popular as inspirations. But still, nothing that has captivated my interests. I hope I find something worth my time. We'll see what my search turns up!

I'm also looking for a new comedy to watch. Natalie and I recently finished Modern Family season 2 and we're impatiently awaiting the next season of Dexter and Modern Family, but in the meantime, what should we watch? The thing is that during the week, it's hard to commit to an hour long show, hence why comedies (short and entertaining) are what we're looking for.

But in other news, the last few weekends have really been strange. Whether it be from sickness or the weather, it seems like there is always something holding us back from truly taking advantage of our weekends. For example, in my last post. Next weekend seems to have been taken away from us as well since we're being forced to do work related stuff. I don't understand how my job keeps finding ways to take up my time. Bah!

A truly unproductive post this was, but hey, what else can I produce in an unproductive, rainy, and lazy day? Maybe I should go brave the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment