Yesterday, Natalie and I went to a photo exhibit that had lots of really close up shots of different insects done by a Japanese insectologist. It was really interesting. I'm not much of a bug person but you can't deny that bugs are inherently interesting. Some are even beautiful. Afterwards, we also stumbled into a dog museum. How do I describe it? Well, it's in an old building and on the roof, there are dog statues staring down at you. Amidst all of the massive amounts of creepy displays, we noticed that the museum was eerily quiet. Easily the creepiest place ever. Whereas the cat store was weird in a cutesy Japanese weird sort of way, the Dog museum was creepy in a weird Japanese serial killer sort of way. The museum was filled with the most random collection of creepy 1940's toys. Dolls..you know dolls are creepy. I can't describe it. I'm pretty sure the owner is a hoarder but at one point, he creepily snuck up behind us and ordered us not to go into a room. Weird. We got out of there asap.
Otherwise, the rest was routine fun-ness. We went out drinking with some new friends, Gene and Yui. They are really cool and we really enjoy hanging out with them. We grabbed a few drinks at a local bar that they introduced us to and then they took us to eat spicy Japanese Ramen. The cool thing about this place was that Japanese Ramen is delicious and also that one of the cooks looks exactly like Luigi from Super Mario, except Japanese and angry (because he knew we were laughing at him for looking like Luigi. We salute you, Mr. Epic Mustache Gaming character look a like man).
On Sunday, I spent the day running errands. I went all the way to the countryside to pick up my new Japanese ID card (only to find out that I didn't have the right paper work). The Japanese country side is really different from anything I've ever seen. I really enjoyed it. I think I'll go back before I really delve into my thoughts on the Japanese countryside.
Afterwards, we kind of just napped all day, went to a rotating Sushi bar, and watched TV. Currently, we're watching Modern Family season 2 and Locked Up Abroad. Two excellent shows. Modern Family has really taken off this season. It's so funny. I'm really into it. And then Locked Up Abroad. That's a must see, it's about travelers getting locked up abroad but the show is extremely well produced and really descriptively narrated by the subjects of each shows story. It's really great.
And so, I've got one more week of work before vacation time in Kyoto. Me and Natalie are so stoked!
The Dog museum after the Cat store, so funny!!
ReplyDelete