Monday, August 29, 2011

Post Natalie's bday

Natalie's birthday came and went this past weekend and I have to say it was a blast. I think we both had a lot of fun. We had dinner and of course we went to Karaoke afterwards. Karaoke is so much fun. I think me and Nat are a little too obsessed with Karaoke. We were there for 5 hours on Saturday morning. I feel like Karaoke in Japan is in many ways better than in Korea. We haven't been anywhere fancy but the song selection is tons better. Seriously, in Japan, we've sung Kanye West's Runaway, Vampire Weekend's Cousins, Wham!'s Everything She Wants, Tears for Fear's Head over Heels, and even The Beatle's Rocky Racoon. That makes me happy in so many ways. Rocky Racoon! Hell yes! Plus, they serve alcohol in Japan (illegal in Korea). All of this equals a groovy time. Another cool thing about Saturday night was the ride home. It was 5 am at the break of dawn and we were singing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of our lungs all while drunk biking through alleyways. And then we saw a Crane, a huge white and graceful Crane perched atop a rooftop. Very majestic.

And seriously though, what is up with Natalie and I's obsession with Ramen. Seriously, it's crack isn't it? It's secretly crack. On Sunday, we went on another Easter egg hunt for a Taiwanese Ramen noodle restaurant (extremely delicious btw). But hey, don't judge our weird affection for Ramen noodles by the crappy instant cup noodles you see in  North American supermarkets. This Japanese stuff is legit. It's fresh, it's fatty, and it's bursting at the seams with flavor. Oh my, I love Ramen. Natalie and I have come to the realization that Korea is King of the instant Ramen (Shin Ramyun: if you haven't tried it, go to the market and whip up that bad boy at home and you'll see why Asian Ramen is nothing to sneeze at). Well, if Korea is king of instant Ramen, what does that make Japan? Japan is officially (in my opinion) the God of fresh Ramen. Culinary perfection. Okay, I'll stop with this Ramen horn tootin' post.

It was a pretty good weekend. To top it all off, Natalie and I had a big shopping marathon to celebrate our first full paycheck. It felt nice to blow some money on clothes. I almost never ever purchase anything for myself, but hey, I feel good and sometimes it's nice to go out and treat yourself with some nice things! So, good weekend...yeah, good weekend. And I'd like to thank Gene and Yui for helping me organize Natalie's birthday. Y'all are really awesome! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment