Sunday, August 7, 2011

All is right..

All is right in the world again! I'm officially on vacation. Japan has three major vacations per year (Obon in August, New Years, and Golden week in May). It's not a lot so I'm especially excited that I'm on vacation.

Also, it means that I've survived my first month as a teacher. I have to say that it's been a good first month. Teaching is a lot easier this time around than it was last year. I'm more comfortable and I don't get stressed out as much. There has been little to no adjustment. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't need to improve as a teacher but you know, things are good. There have been some hardships as well though, mostly my work hours. They are  brutal. But who cares!? it's vacation time.

I don't have time to write a long blog bust last night, Nat and I planned and packed for what I hope will be an amazing trip to Kyoto. Ah, Kyoto...if there were ever one city in Japan I'd want to go to, this is it. Actually, Kyoto would make the top 5 list of places I want to see on the planet. I'm excited! Japanese culture galore. I'm not sure what we'll see but hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of a real Geisha and hopefully Natalie and I can find an opponent for Sumo wrestling (we've been practicing). I'll try to blog about it throughout the week, but sometimes it's hard to find time when you're having a blast! See ya

1 comment:

  1. J'ai hâte d'entendre parler de votre voyage a Kyoto and learn more about Geisha! Au plaisir de te relire my dear son. Love you!

    ReplyDelete