Second day of training is officially over! I did a model lesson today and I think I did pretty well. It was for the baby class I'm supposed to teach. The only thing I did wrong was...forget all of my props in another classroom. Realized it halfway through my lesson. Outside of that, everything was pretty routine. I have a CRAP load of homework everyday. It's 11:40 pm right now and I just finished my homework, which is to prepare another model lesson for tomorrow.
Highlight of the day (and there weren't many) was going to a rotating sushi bar and having my first sushi in Japan. For those of you who didn't know, a rotating sushi bar is where you sit at a bar and there is a conveyor belt moving in front of you filled with individual plates of sushi. It's one of the most fun AND cheapest ways to eat sushi in Japan. All in all, it costs about a buck 20 per plate for 2pieces of sushi. The most expensive kind is 2 dollars. However, even the dollar variety will hook you up with some quality fish: salmon, tuna, crab, shrimp, etc. What's cool about it is that they pump out an endless variety of sushi. I think I saw quite a few new types of sushi. Ones with a giant dark blue veggie on it and some weird sea creatures. I don't even know. Other highlights were the Miso soup and the faucet of hot water at your seat where you can mix in matcha powder (green tea powder) to your hearts content. Also, they gave me an awesome sushi shaped lollipop on my way out. Forgot which one Natalie got but it was cool too. I'll try to get a picture of them later.
Okay, well off to bed. Got another long day ahead of me!
PS. much to the disappointment of us Americans...there were no Philly or California or Hawaii or Texas or Montreal or you name it sushi rolls...just the boring, really delicious kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment