Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year's in Edo Part III

On the 31st, while waiting for the arrival of the highly anticipated Eletronic Tribe New Year's party, me and the guys sans Natalie made our way to the Geek Town of Tokyo; Akihabara. When we got there, we were all quite hungry so after a bit of searching, we stumbled into a Gyudon shop (meat, sauce, and rice). Andy's eyes instantly lit up when he noticed that the place offered a food challenge (always a bad idea). The food challenge basically a HUGE bowl of rice, two eggs, a lot of meat, some Kim Chi, and some veggies that had to be finished with no time limit. A picture of the winner is posted on the wall. I think that Andy got through about 2/3 to 3/4 of it. Not bad, but it was definitely a fail. I couldn't do even that much myself. You really have to like rice. Yuck. After that (and some time in the bathroom for the others), we explored the area a bit. The area was crowded. Lot's of anime and manga. It was a happening area. Being an anime fan (and my friends not being anime fans), I think I would've enjoyed the area more on my own. Otherwise, it was fun to see some of the more interesting Technologies that Japan has to offer. I guess the world is really into 3d things and we got to seem some pretty amazing things in that respect. I don't think we truly did justice to the area considering how crowded and filled with things it was. Maybe next time. Afterwards, we headed Ginza to the Sony showcase room where Sony shows off their newest technology for everyone to try out. It was pretty fun. The best part was that right outside of the Sony store, there was a free outdoors foot spa. After dipping our feet into the hot water, we all felt refreshed and ready to go for the party.

And that brings us to the party. We all got ready and did some really fun pre-drinking. We had liquor and all of the trimmings. We headed out to the venue around 9 and basically had an amazing time. I don't remember all that much but only that everyone was joyous, the music was really great (dubstep), and that the green curry was awesome. Many things happened and my memory for it is pretty clouded. It was an epic way to start the New Year and an epic way to mark the middle of our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment