The holiday season sure is a busy time. Between work, all of the Christmas events going on, December birthdays, and Christmas shopping itself, time has really been scarce lately. Me and Nat have been going to some really cool parties lately.
+ Last weekend, we went to John's Christmas party. There were a ton of people there so it was really fun just to go out and socialize. Unfortunately, we arrived a little bit too late and all of the wonderful Christmas food was gone so we were left with the Macaroni and Cheese that we made and basically table scraps and desserts. We managed to snag some Turkey along with some gravy so it made things a little better in the end. But still, it was a bit of a disappointment to miss out on all of the awesome food. Plus, being at a Christmas party where the beer is flowing freely and being on an empty stomach is certainly a recipe for disaster. Scratch that, a recipe for fun. Somehow the idea of shotgunning some beers came into the equation and that went down. Speaking of shotguns, 2011 has been the year of shotgun's for me. It's like college again! Why have I been shotgunning beers?? WHY? Either way, it was good fun. We met a lot of cool people and got pretty wasted. Our Mac and Cheese was a hit as well so that was a bit of a plus. I thought it was pretty good but considering that Japan has a rather limited cheese selection, I'd like to try again sometime.
+ Work has been pretty stress free for me ever since that wonderful and exciting parent observations week came and went. I don't know. I just feel so lax at work lately. Working hard but it's not stressful. Plus vacation is approaching fast.
+ Yesterday was my coworker's birthday party; Hisami and Rachel, respectively. It was a pretty good time. We hit up Round 1 again. That place is amazing on so many levels. Me and Nat decided that we're going to try to go during our vacation that is coming up. This time, I tried pitching, archery, and badminton (on a very windy day). I can honestly say I have a new appreciation for each of those sports, especially pitching. I mean, I played like 5 rounds of a pitching game where you have to hit different targets and I couldn't hit one. That's roughly 50 pitches and a 0% hit rate. That's a 100% fail rate, for those who like numbers. I think I'm pretty accurate at throwing things, but I have a soft touch you know. Trying to use all of your strength and trying to hit a tiny target are two things I can't do well simultaneously. For that matter, I can't multi-task very well. That popular 21st century action that we call playing games, talking on the phone, and browsing the internet at the same time is something I suck at terribly. At Round 1, we also had a good go around on the skating rink. I'm sad that my favorite possibly (probably) gay roller skating superhero couldn't attend but that's okay. Our group took over the rink and it was good fun in the end. After Round 1, we headed to a delicious not so Mexican, Mexican restaurant called Moby's. Nice decor and very un-Mexican food, but hey, it was tasty. The place also had pretty good Fajitas. Always a hit with me. All around, I think it was a good time. I think Rachel and Hisami both had a good time, although I didn't get to socialize with them all that much. Happy Birthday to both of them.
+ Speaking of birthdays, why are there so many birthdays in December?? SO MANY. People must really like to have fun in the Springtime. But hey, I'm just saying. A lot of cool people have birthdays this month, including my brother, Theo! Yep, the 17th was his birthday. 14 freakin year's old! That's unreal. He's growing up real fast, but luckily, he's super smart and just a really funny cool kid. I love him a lot! Wish I could celebrate with him.
+ Crocodile clothing, Crocodile Dundee, Fried crocodile...what do all of these things have in common? They are the least popular type of Croc in Japan. Yeap, Croc shoes takes the cake. People love these freakin' things. Prom dresses and crocs. Bubble jackets and crocs. Track suits and crocs. Elegant dresses and crocs. Strawberry crocs. Fruity crocs. Neon Crocs. Crocodile Crocs. Each version is well represented here. The thing is that they are holey shoes! It's freezing outside! Also, Japanese people love to wear shorts in the winter. Why, you ask? I don't have a clue. Shorts are cheaper than pants and use less fabric than pants. Therefore, shorts > pants for the environment and they help to increase dry skin in the legs.
+ My school is having it's yearly Bounenkai party today. It's a party to celebrate a year of hard work. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, especially since a few big wigs that make life rather uncomfortable for us small fries will be attending. Also, we have assigned seating. I mean, what is this...a field trip for ants (I mean preschoolers)? Shouldn't I, a man of 25 years of life, be free to choose where and by whom he would like to sit? I mean, I'm a person. Natalie's a person. "That person over there is a person". I'm so offended. Although I'll be sitting next to Natalie, what if the other person I'm sitting next to is annoying, is a mute, or worse...has cooties. Yikes.
+ Winter vacation is coming in T minus one and a half weeks. I can't wait. It's gonna be a good time. I do have a few Christmas parties to attend do beforehand though. Should be a good ore vacation week. Oh, and forgot about work. I've gotta make that as quick and painless as possible, like cutting your own arm off.
No comments:
Post a Comment